A 39-year-old school teacher visited a Korean Medicine clinic on May 14, after feeling pain in her lower back. Her pain did not improve after some treatment and she visited the same clinic again on the next day.
Her doctor recommended bee-sting injection to her, and she underwent an incision without a pre-test for allergy. A few minutes after the injection, she complained of chest pains and fever, then became shocked and unconscious.
She was then transferred to the hospital and died. The hospital diagnosed the cause of her death as anaphylactic shock. Anaphylactic shock is a shock that occurs within a few minutes to several hours due to an allergic reaction after contact with a specific antigen through food, medicine, pollen, or insects.
Her family said, "If the first aid after the shock was done properly in time, she would not have died. It is doubtful whether the treatment at the Korean Medicine clinic was appropriate."